Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sherry & Bob lost in the city part 1

Bob's a big car. Yup, he's an automatic but he's big and I'm small. BUT, it's a straight two roads from the house to R's work. Easy peasy. Even for me. Say, however, I decide to take a detour to Farmer Jack's to buy macadamia nuts on the way back from dropping him off at 8.30am, the possibility for things to go wrong probably increase. And go wrong they did. I end up missing the turning for FJ's, driving into the big bad city, with options to join the freeway (uh, no thanks!) and losing all sense of direction. Add to this the fact that I'm still in semi-sleepy wear, I've got a banging headache and the petrol gauge is most definitely on empty. After two frantic calls to R (who also doesn't know where I am), a lot of swearing, some chanting of positive encouragement 'it's ok, you can do this' mantras and some bad road manoeuvres, I eventually make it home. Where I'm now comforting myself with cheese on toast and the duvet on the sofa. And now it's raining which means I can justifiably stay in and indulge myself with the Hills! Hooray! In future, I walk or cycle.

1 comment: