Monday, July 5, 2010

A poor Trek record





Yesterday saw the first outing of the new Trek! (keen cyclists pls note the tyres were changed from the slicks in the photo above!) We drove up to the John Forrest National Park (just outside Perth) for a 40 km circular ride starting at Swan View, taking in the Boya quarry, Mundaring (where we stopped for pie at the bakery. Yum!), and some dry waterfalls. The ride's on the Heritage trail mostly on an old railway track and it ended with a frikkin' scary railway tunnel. Now, I know i'm not the bravest person, and after a day of cycling on a new bike on only 3 hours sleep, this tunnel freaked me out. It was totally dark, really stony under foot and I did not like it one bit! I'm such a wimp. All props to R today for patiently putting up with my calls for seat adjustments, gears and suspension moans, one uphill tantrum... and then after all that cooking me a yummy roast dinner whilst I soaked in the tub with a cup of tea. Oh, and we saw kangaroos!

1 comment:

  1. hey lovely, looks like you had a great weekend (apart from the scary tunnel obviously!). (pie looks yum).
    the signs are cool. and looks like there are some great shops? i recently bought a polaroid camera on ebay but i am yet to buy film.
    have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete