Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Our trip to Ningaloo part 6



It's the last day of our trip. We pack up our tents (did i mention that not only can i inflate air mattresses, I can also deflate.... just one more of my many camping skills) and cook up some eggs and beans in the camp kitchen. It's about 8.45am and this time, we stand the pelicans up. We check out the coastal side of Kalbarri National Park and see pods of dolphins jumping in the waves.

We look out for kangaroos jumping over emus.

We make it home. It's dark. We're hungry. We order 2 pizzas. We go to pick them up via the cash machine, which doesn't like Elinor's UK bank card. I have no money in my account. I then forget where the pizza place is. My phone is dead so we have to drive back home to ask R where it is. I then have to drive back to get the pizza. On arrival, it's packed, everyone's had the same idea. The woman tells me she tried to call (my phone battery was dead) - they ran out of mushrooms, no mushrooms so no mushroom pizza. There's no point asking for them to make another pizza now, the queue's too big. We now only have one pizza to share between 3. I valiantly (it was my fault) sacrifice pizza and have something defrosted from the freezer. Not a happy ending to the camping trip. I'm such a dag.

1 comment: