Tuesday, October 19, 2010

things i found in the garden





i was v. lazy today and didn't really leave the house (except to return to ikea to collect my phone which i'd lost and they found - yay!). I mostly enjoying lying in the hammock reading, and i kept hearing this noise which was ridiculously loud. It was obviously an insect. it sounded like a cricket or something so i kinda went to investigate. Turns out (i think) it's a cicada. The first photo shows the shell it leaves behind (there were about 4 or 5 on the wall) and the second photo is of the noisy little critter. Like, seriously, you would not believe how loud they are. I got used to the noise but then when there was lull i really appreciated the quiet. On my search for the cicadas I thought i'd take a picture of our mulberry tree! how cool is that. Mulberries can be used like other berries apparently so i'm thinking i should pick some and make a pie! I also saw a cute little lizard. I don't think you can gauge from the photo how small he was but he was only about as long as a finger. V. sweet. And that's our garden for today.

1 comment:

  1. sounds lovely & relaxing. i'm not sure about all the bugs though! x

    ReplyDelete