Tuesday, April 5, 2011

things i learnt yesterday

  1. brian mcfadden and delta goodrem have split up! Maybe it had something to do with his latest song which rather unpleasantly talks about how he likes it when his girlfriend's drunk and he gets to take her home so he can 'do some damage'. yeugh, who uses such words? 'do some damage'? Like really? And did nobody listen to this record first and think, hmmm, not sure that's quite the tone we want to be conveying. Anyways, he is now donating all proceeds from the single (which probably won't be that much) to a rape support charity.
  2. I can't make gravy. Is gravy that difficult to make? Well, i'm struggling. This is the second time i've attempted it and the second time it's not gone quite right. And the second time i've cried over gravy. I think i need to back away from the homemade gravy route and make friends with bisto.
  3. Following on from the point above, i'm not cut out to be a housewife. I'm clearly underqualified (sssh, don't tell R, i might get the sack). Our house currently looks like we both work full time and don't prioritise housework.
  4. Schindler's list is a looooonnnnng movie. I haven't seen it and i'm not sure i'm going to. (it was on tv the other day so i recorded it). Actually, geez, it's not like i haven't got the time... I WILL watch it (gimme a week and i'll report back).
  5. I'm on my third Kazuo Ishiguro book in as many weeks. I read 'When we were Orphans' first and couldn't put it down. My friend then lent me 'Never let me go' (the one that's been made into a movie with the lovely Carey Mulligan and Keira Poutley) and now i'm on 'The Unconsoled'. It's v confusing (and big) and i'm not sure i can persevere. It's due back at the library today so i need to make a decision... renew and finish... or return and give up.

1 comment:

  1. 1. er, that is... well, i'm lost for words. really.
    2. i've never attempted homemade gravy... bisto is my friend (although we now have to bring it back to austria in our suitcase!).
    3. bah, housework sucks.
    4. WATCH IT!! (i absolutely sobbed)
    5. wow. a kazuo fest! finish it. finish it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete