Friday, April 1, 2011

Autumn!

I'm so excited that Autumn is here. It's still warm (hot) here and i do hope it stays that way for my friend, elinor who arrives in 2 weeks! (Eek! I'm so excited about her forthcoming visit) but, it's so nice that summer is on it's way out (sorry UK peeps, i know you've probably only had about a total of 11 hours of sun (our daily average) in the last 3 months). It was a pretty brutal summer, heat wise, especially for a newbie like me. Perth had a record 57 days of more than 32 degrees and it hasn't rained since 1 february (0.4 mm. does that even count?)... Anyways, more importantly, i'm bored of wearing flip flops and shorts and vests every day. I wanna wear clothes! I'm yearning for coloured tights, jumpers (yesss, i'm so excited about getting to wear a jumper), jeans (i tried to put on my skinny jeans the other day and had to peel them off straight away, they were so uncomfortable), oooh, my pink gloves! AND i got my mitts on a copy of UK Grazia the other day (Thanks Tam) and now I really want a cape and some ski pants. (And as i re-read that sentence, i do appreciate that wanting a cape and ski pants makes me sound like i'm about to adopt a super-hero fashion sense).

3 comments:

  1. Dropping you a comment to say how much I am enjoying your blog, I'm in the uk but have been to Perth 4 times now, I have family there, Scarborough and Joondalup, anyhow, keep it up, keep enjoying Perth,and, most importantly, keep blogging, it really is a fantastic place isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i really wanted a cape this past winter... but opted for a more practical duffle coat instead. damn practicality!
    now its finally getting warmer. i had bare legs on saturday for the first time this year!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve! Yup, it's a pretty idyllic place!

    New girl - i'm glad the sun has finally reached you!

    ReplyDelete