Thursday, August 5, 2010

tuesday fun




tuesday, in some rare moment of madness, particularly because it was bloody hot (for winter) - like 23 degrees or something, i decided to go walking, and walking i did, because i ended up walking about 10km and my feet were not happy by the end of it. Luckily however, at the end of it all, i was able to collapse on our new (secondhand) sofa on the verandah with my v. precious, not to mention expensive, copy of the last Scott Pilgrim. Eek!

Anyhoo, back to the walk. I walked along to hyde park, a lovely shady park with birds and swans (including cygnets according to another park walker, but i didn't see them), where i found a different style drinking fountain. As you can imagine (or not) I was v. excited. And for those of you as excited as me, watch this space, because i shall be posting up my photo collection v. v. shortly.... oh yesssssssss. But, for a sneak preview, here's the one i found.

I took some photos of the trees too. I don't know what tree it is but the leaves looked like confetti up on the thin branches with the sunlight coming through (you probably had to be there...) and this old tree with it's twisted trunk and roots looked amazing.

i then wandered to the mount lawley strip, where i resisted going into any shops. Like seriously, things are sooo expensive and I don't have any money. blah blah blah, walk continued... ended up in the city trying to find the scott pilgrim book... and then planned on getting the train home.. but didn't happen and so i walked a bit more. So good exploring for finding my way around and getting my bearings.

3 comments:

  1. Hi am also an expat and I have created a new forum for expats. Can you help get it started and simply join it. I like your blogs and thanks a lot. See

    http://livingabroad.freeforums.ms/forum.htm

    englishmaninmoscow
    http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/english-man-in-moscow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last photo of the tree. It looks beautiful! Not sure what the first photo is though, it looks like some kind of weather station device? I'm probably completely wrong on that guess.

    Australia Visa Advice - for all kinds of visa advice: tourist, fiance, spouse visas.

    http://www.australianvisaadvice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey chick! lovin the posts whilst i've been away. just catching up. the juicer is so cool! x

    ReplyDelete