Wednesday, June 29, 2011



it's winter here so what better activity than a jigsaw puzzle. I was recently at the library and noticed that they had jigsaw puzzles to borrow. How exciting, I thought! An opportunity to sit in, don my head torch and unleash my inner dag (some might say, not so 'inner'). Anyways, so i spotted a jigsaw puzzle of a dolls' house! I tell ya, if I wasn't one of those people that still think you should whisper in libraries, i would have squealed. In fact, maybe a little 'eek' did escape. (I LOVE dolls' houses). At home, I set up the box lid for reference as I sorted out the straight edged pieces and realised, rather unhelpfully, that the lid didn't show the full dolls' house. Nope, instead, for the sides of the puzzle, I had to work from the teeny tiny image on the side of the lid that showed the 'actual puzzle area'. AND, i got to the last but one piece of the puzzle to notice that the last piece was missing. Ah well, it is from the library, probably borrowed by a lot of people, one piece missing aint so bad, i thought. And then along comes Mr R, finds the piece on the floor under the table and inserts it to complete the puzzle. (Call me cynical but I reckon he hid it up his sleeve just to take that moment of glory from me).


5 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I just wanted to say how cool it was reading your blog. I stumbled across it as I will be soon to be an expat in Perth myself and although I've been there before, moving for a 'longer period' is somewhat daunting. But reading your blog made me remember everything I love about WA ...

    Best wishes
    Angie

    eatpaintlove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a dolls house puzzle. now that is cool!
    tut tut mr r. can't believe he didn't pass you the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie, that's exciting! When do you arrive, and from where?

    Kez - I know, how cool! Although, some of the dolls were actually a little bit creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dolls house jigsaw - double eek and love the fact that you can borrow it from the library! remember the dolls house jigsaw from our childhood which had the interchangeable rooms - its in the wardrobe btw so you could do it when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ julie - ooh no, i can't picture it at all. how exciting!

    ReplyDelete